Friday, March 28, 2014

Sister Act Challenge #50

Digi Darla Designs was slated to be the sponsor for this week's Sister Act  anything goes challenge, but unfortunately due to health reasons their site closed, so Jenn is offering a different prize.  Stop by the blog to see what the DT has in store for you.

I'm using an Aurora Wings digi - Hydrangea Fairy.  Instead of the blues and violets from my last card, this time I made the flowers in pinks and used an oval die around her.  This week's Freshly Made Sketch #129 inspired the card design.  I wanted to keep clean lines in the card so the image takes center-stage and is enhanced by the paper choice.  I focused on her eyes with my coloring, paying special attention to eye colors and where light is reflected in them as I watched television. Aside from the shading, I added a little brown around her retina and a dot of light with my white gel pen.

I remembered to write down the Copics I used this time.  I always appreciate having a reference when folks list them, but usually forget to keep track as I work!
Skin:  E000, 00, 11, R20
Hair:  E50, 31, 33, 35, 37
Flowers: RV00, 21, 26, 29, YG 00, 21, 23
Eyes:  B000, 00, 21, BG72, E31

Challenges Entered:
Aurora Wings - March anything goes
Freshly Made Sketches #129
The Pink Elephant #243 - Favorite Color Combination
The Crafty Bloggers Network (March) - Nature
Created with Love #78 - Girly
                                                                  Party Time Tuesdays #165 - Anything goes
                                                                  Pile It On #12 - Pretty Hair
                                                                  ABC Challenge - H is for Hair

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring and gorgeous design, Cathy. I love the way you colored each hydrangea flowers with such care and attention to detail. Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. Best of luck to you! hugs Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy this is stunning, those flowers and all of your coloring is amazing. You are one very talented lady. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just swooning over this, Cathy! Fabulous design and gorgeous coloring. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, here's that amazing image again! And you gave her a whole new look this time. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Cathy! Great colouring!!!! Love all of that pink! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and lovely image! Love the flower border too! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge this week!

    Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the way you have coloured her up - a gorgeous creation.
    Thanx so much for joining us for our first ever challenge at Aurora Wings
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC card!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and coloured so beautifully. I have this image and not colored her yet. Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy