Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Online Card Class - Day 2

Just here to share some of the fun going on in my craft room this week.  I'm taking the Jennifer McGuire & Kristina Werner's Online Card Class called Background Check.  I've found my sweet spot from today's ideas and my new best friend is Versa Mark ink!

My favorite sample is this one.  All of the vibrant colors are super-delicious! This is from a 6x6 pad - one of those pages that I typically cut into strips and use the sections I like best.  (You can see what I mean in the photo below.)  Now- I have a new use for those pages.  I can't wait to use this on a card!













Take a peek at the same background stamp on two other patterned papers:

The one on the left looks ready for fall!  It's a green dot on white background with chocolate chip ink.
The paper on the left is a text paper with different words written in a variety of colors.  At first, I tried a green ink on top and then Blushing Bride on the bottom.  I didn't really like them and was about to pitch the page, when I thought to just use black on top of the other two colors - it's a keeper!  Love this technique - super easy and quick!

















My last sample to share uses Versa Mark and glossy paper.  Thanks to Jennifer,  I have a way to used the glossy paper in my stash (untouched for 6 years).  Another super-easy technique.  The biggest issue is choosing an ink color! (This one is Pear Pizzaz.)  It's in need of some more playing, but I love the technique!  I could be making polka dot paper rather than buying it!!

  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great examples of what we learned in class. C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great result with black resist :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, Cathy - this is a fabulous technique! Definitely going on my list! Love the different looks you can get. My favorite is your first one - so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy