Friday, September 27, 2013

Sister Act Challenge # 26

Another Friday, which means a new anything goes challenge at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.  We have two sponsors  Digi Darla Designs and QKR Stampede and that means two winners will be chosen!

I'm using a Dilly Beans image for my card this week.  This one is called Candy Witch Framed (#241).  I actually had a hard time coloring her hat.  I think it was because I had to jump from a C5 to a C9.  I tried to create the mid-color by inking my C5 with the C9. I was working on fast drying paper, and the hat is a bit big for that technique.

The black patterned papers are oldies from My Mind's Eye.  There are lots of details that my camera didn't pick up.  I used Crystal Effects on the candy to give it dimension and make it shine.  Sequins are in the center of each of the circles on the orange paper. Stickles adorn the white circles behind the witch as well as her hat band and eye lids.  The words are printer generated using the Courier New font and doodled around to create rectangles.  The idea is a CASE from Dilly Bean's artist, Megan Suarez.

I created three different versions, trying a little something different with the shading on each.  This one has the light coming from the upper left.  I ended up using my white gel pen to create highlights.  Keep an eye out for me to post one of the other versions in the coming weeks.

I'll have two extra posts this week - one is for Color Me Creative on the 29th and another post on October 2nd.  I'm part of a Blog Hop for Operation Write Home.  Hope you'll stop back.

Challenges Entered:
Silly Dilly Beans - Jewels/glitter
Sketch and Stash - sketch
Use It Tuesday - use 2 hoarded items (paper & crystal effects)
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
A.R.T. Card Challenge - anything goes
Oozak Blog - fall

9 comments:

  1. The colors are nice and i love the mixed media feel to it :)

    -Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, LOVE how you colored her. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Thank you for participating with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck! - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Perfect colors! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great card & image... love the dp's too :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring and design! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. and joining our ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE!
    Darlene
    A.R.T. DT
    A.R.T. Challenge Blog
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work. Love how she really stands out against the black and white and that button string just rocks! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaw bless, thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash with this wonderful creation!
    xx, Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy