Tuesday, February 21, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #211 - Colour Week

Hi Everyone,

We're back with CC&S challenge #211.  This is a color week.  I had to adjust my colors, and am using Peach Parfait, Pure Poppy and Wild Wasabi.

I used a newly purchased Spellbinders die called, Overlapping Circles for my background and pulled out a very old hostess stamp set from SU! called, Simply Soft for the image.  The stem is colored with Copics and the flowers were stamped multiple times, first using Peach Parfait ink, then twice with Pure Poppy.  I used an acrylic block for the stamping to allow for more off-setting.  At first I tried using my Misti for the flower petals, but it was too perfect and I wanted to see more gradation in the bloom colors.  Love how this turned out. . .  CAS and it didn't take me all day!!

Drop by the CC&S blog to be inspired by the rest of the DT and then play along with us this week!




6 comments:

  1. Love the framed image of the flowers, beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to frame the stamped image. A very pretty card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, this card is so pretty. That flower really pops against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Cathy. I like the layered stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful framing of the flower and lovely embossing too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet - I love the look of the peach and watermelon coloured flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy