Thursday, March 3, 2016

Creative Knockouts #141 - Flower Power

I may have take our Flower Power challenge theme a little too far for this card, but I had an idea and decided to run with it!  Do you know those wonderful 3-D sugar eggs with the scene inside? Well, I tried to create one with my card, complete with lots of Stickles to emulate the sugar!  The cute Egg Bunny image from our sponsor, Sami Stamps is flat against the card back and the white egg with the flowers glued all around is popped up to give it some dimension.  The flowers are supposed to be the icing that's piped all around the hole.  I think I have some more playing around to really get this down.  I am planning to try it again using a smaller image which will allow me to make a smaller cut opening so more of the egg is visible.  If I get it "right", I'll post it on my blog.  I hope you will hop on over to the Creative Knockouts Blog and play along with us this week.  I can't wait to see what you do with the Flower Power theme!

Challenges Entered:
Cards in Envy/ - Tickled Pink
Fantastic Tuesday #126/ - AG/twist - for a child
Tuesday Throwdown #283/- Frame It
Crafter's Cafe #144/ - Inspired by a Song (Peter Cottontail)
Crafty Friends #26/ - Floral



7 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy!! Thank you for creating with Sami Stamps images. I adore your card! I know i've seen you at FB Sami Stamps group, i would love to invite you to come and share your card with us! Here is a quick link to our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

    Bonnie- Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cahty I love your card. Such a cute image and great colours/colouring.
    Hugs.
    Lynn, Creative Knockouts DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cahty I love your card. Such a cute image and great colours/colouring.
    Hugs.
    Lynn, Creative Knockouts DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to cool! Love your design! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 126 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. Love the beautiful floral frame and paper. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little bunny and adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy