Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Day for Daisies - Little Striped Dress

It's my turn to post a card on the ADFD Blog and I chose this quick to color image, Little Striped Dress.  I made the decision that the part on hair of this little miss would be a bit wonky.  Looking at her dress, if I were doing this again, I'd vary the highlight a bit - it's too straight, but I love the look of the balloons!
After fussy cutting her, I used the white background paper, which has been sitting on my desk for about a year (discarded from another card adventure).  The word "happy" was already die cut and I just had to die cut the word "birthday" from black paper (both from MFT).  "Stick It" adhesive paper is was perfect for adhering this super-skinny die cut.  Look carefully and you will see the three rhinestones that complete the card!

November's challenge on the ADFD Blog starts Friday.  Hope you will stop back and see what all of the DT created and play along!

Challenges Entered:
Crafty Gals #95/ - AG
Penny's Paper Challenge #301/ - AG
As You Like It 10/20/ - Old or New Stash (Old - it gets things off of my desk!)
Aud Sentiments #167/ - Cute + a sentiment
Southern Girls 10/27/ - Pop It Up
Less Is More #300/ - Celebrations & Festivals


9 comments:

  1. This is so cute, and gorgeous colouring! You've done a super job with that dress and the layout is really fun and eye catching. Love it! For our clean and simple challenges, we do like to see some empty space, but this is a lovely card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorably cute, balloons work perfect for celebrations and a fun design all round. Can I just point out that we do have a limit of 5 challenge link ups including our own and I think you may have exceeded that here. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us though and celebrating our 300th challenge at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet birthday card. Loiving your colours and the embossing.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's for our challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again xx
    Jean DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of some older stash to create this fab, fun card :-)
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge at As You Like It!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy your colouring is always so wonderful! Lovely to see our old DT back for a visit. Love this sweet image and your beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Miss you! Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 3D look here and how you placed your little girl in such a way that she seems part of the sentiment - I never would have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its such a lovely card Cathy. I really like how she is looking at the happy thats very clever placement. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. Lovely to see you xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy