Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Day for Daisies - Holding Fireflies

I remember catching fireflies as a child just like this little girl, so this image, Holding Fireflies with Wings from ADFD took me back in memory lane.  On top of that, the little girl's body position is just like the way one of my granddaughter's when she is examining something closely!  The image is a freebie in the ADFD Shop right now.













I really wanted to push myself to work on creating a night sky.  I wish I had masking fluid for the stars and in its absence, settled on the old technique of using Glossy Accents over the stars and fireflies after I colored them yellow.  It was a semi successful try.  Ranger's Distress Inks are the easiest to use when trying to blend inks.  My SU! inks dry too quickly.  I've used Sketch Saturday's sketch to design the card and finished it off with sequins and some Stickles.

It's definitely not summer in MN, but up until this past week the weather has been so mild I've worn sandals to work!!  Now it's shoes, socks and mittens!

Distress Inks:  Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot
Copics:  Hair:  E50, 51, 53, 25
Skin:  E00, R20
Wings:  Y00, Y21, BV00, BV02, V12
Dress:  Y000, Y00
Stars:  Y00, Y11

Challenges Entered:
Aud Sentiments #168/ - AG + Sentiment
Creative Knockouts #168/ - Lots of Layers
Just Keep on Creating - November Challenge

1 comment:

  1. An adorable card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy