Tuesday, June 13, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #227 - Sketch Challenge

Beverly has a great sketch for us to play with this week on the CAS Colours & Sketches Blog.  This one pushed my thinking a bit.  I used a little creative license with the larger circle, trying to keep my layered flowers and bottom leaf to mirror a circle-ish shape.  The flower representing the smaller circle is stamped directly on the card front the others are layered on top using foam dots.  The strip of paper along the left side was in my scrap drawer and really pulls in all of the colors from the flowers.   The card to the right is actually my second card, and one I went back and remade because I decided my original (seen at the bottom of my post) wasn't really CAS because it was too layered.  Maybe I was obsessing too much; maybe Patricia, Beverly, or Karen were channeling me - for whatever reason, it was a good exercise to go back and revise!

The stamp set, Abstract Florals, is from a new-to-me company, called Right At Home.  The sentiment is from a different set, called Grateful Heart.  I was super impressed with the quality of the clear stamps.  The solid shapes stamped perfectly from the first time I inked them - no matter what kind of ink I used!!  I have a feeling I will be ordering a few more stamps from Right at Home!

Hope you will play along with us this week and you find inspiration from the other DT creations!
My original, layered design.















Challenges Entered:
Addicted to Stamps #150/ - Flowers
Crafty Catz #374/ - AG with a die or punch
Jo's Scrap Shack #192 /- AG
Crea Chicky's #11 - Flowers






12 comments:

  1. Warm and spicy and super sketchy blooms. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your original sketchy blooms. Both designs look wonderful, great colors Cathy.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the bold colors and layering to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty card.
    Thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cheery color scheme is great, and I really like that you used vellum for the sentiment strip. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, Thanks for playing along with us this week at CRAFTY CATZ , x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful summery card and no harm in using some creative licence, it has worked wonderfully and the sketch can still be seen. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour combination that you chose and the paper really brings it out as you say. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love those scribbly flowers, and your take on the sketch is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bright and bold colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am ordering this stamp set. thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have been pleased with previous sets ordered from RAH. They are a great addition to the industry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy