Saturday, April 6, 2013

Card Wrangling!

Pretty Poppies - MFT
This card should have been super-simple, but it was one of those days that I struggled for hours before finishing the card.  Yikes!  And it wasn't the poppies that were troublesome.

I was excited to ink up my new stamps from MFT.  These poppies are so great and easy.  I masked them, stamped the script background and colored the center with my Copics.  Bam! Done.  I made the card for a few challenges, the week's SCS Inspiration Challenge, and Unscripted Sketch Challenge #205.  Both utilized chevrons, so I was excited to break out my chevron dies and an MFT chevron background.  I also decided to use the ColourQ #183 this week (Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede).  Chevrons and colors are where my troubles began.  Suffice to say that this isn't exactly what I pictured when I started making the card.  And I certainly didn't expect to be working on it for more than three hours after I had finished the focal point!  It wasn't like I was coloring an image!  After an hour break, I went back with a fresh eye and finished the card.  Whew!  GE (good enough), 'nuff wrangling for the night.

5 comments:

  1. It may have taken you hours to make but the final result are stunning. I'm glad you stuck with it. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful and worthy of your time. I love the textures on this card and the poppies are stunning. It can be frustrating when a project takes longer than you thought it would, but taking break is usually the thing to get you back into it. Thank you for sharing your take on this weeks sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love chevrons...I know I do! I adore the colors that you have used on your card. Beautifully tied bow with the pop of a yellow button ties your focal point in perfectly with the chevrons. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity wth us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    Don't forget that next week is Unscripted Sketches 4th Blog-versary and there might just be some extra little surprises...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors ... and I love the texty background ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies are so pretty! It shows that this card took a long time, thanks for sticking with it!

    Thank you for joining us at Unsripted Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy