Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #345



Happy Saturday, Sketch fans!  We have a great new sketch from Alex with a fabulous NEW sponsor for you this week.  Sami Siemers Ratliff is the artist behind the Etsy shop, Sami Stamps. I've used her image, Wildflower Beauty to create a birthday card for my granddaughter's 4th birthday.

As is the case with most little girls in the U.S., she is all-about anything having to do with Elsa and the Disney movie Frozen!  This image reminded me of Elsa so much when I saw my pal, Marilyn use it last June, it was a no-brainer of choice for me.  I love how this card came out!  The sketch was a perfect way to keep this beauty the focal point while adding a bit of little girl princess paper as one of my paper choices.  I inlaid my Lil' Inkers stitched circle mats and used sparkly glitter paper for the snowflakes and the band across the bottom.  Elsa's hair is fussy cut at the bottom, so I could crop the image a little closer to the left side.




I sampled around with my Copics for her hair colors, starting with the E50s, but found them too golden as a base.  Elsa's hair is the white blond, so then I moved to the E40s because they are a taupe-brown.  My colors are a bit all over the place - but I loved the combination.  In the end I used E41, 42, 50, with bits of 000 and 33. Her skin uses my favorite combination for caucasian skin - E00, 21.  I added just a touch of 11 and some R11 on her cheeks.  I usually use more Ell and R20 on the cheeks, but Elsa is more fair than that; she's a queen after all!  I planned to use rhinestones as an accent for the snowflakes, but surprisingly, pearls looked better.  The shimmering dress is achieved by heat and stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds.

Take a look at the rest of the DT's work on the Sketch Saturday blog and then join us for this week's challenge.  If you have an Elsa-lover in your house - you'll find the image at Sami's Etsy shop, here.








Challenges Entered:
Creative Inspirations #297/ - Pretty Pearls
Creative Moments #60 /- AG
Cute Card Thursday #57/ - Colorful
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #83 - Color inspiration
Crafter's Cafe #100/ - Stitching
Craft Your Passion #245/ - AG
Sister Act Challenge #90/ - AG
Creative Fingers #63 /- AG
Naughty or Nice January - New (digi & glitter paper)
Sami Stamps Challenge (#21- Jan.) - A Touch of Glitter


17 comments:

  1. WOW this is so beautiful Cathy I love the softness of the colours you have used for that stunning image, awesome design.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, WOW, What a beautiful card using Sami Stamps! We would love to see you post your card at our Sami Stamps Facebook group! Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

    Thank you,
    Grandma Bonnie
    Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaautful feminine birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Margaret, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Would love a coloring tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you stopped by my blog and followed me, too :)
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Cathy and thanks for the shout out. You've done a fab job on Elsa... she looks so delicate and every bit a queen! Those pearls in the flowers are a clever touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and subtle card.

    Thanks for entering Craft Your Passion Challenges.

    Kim
    Craft Your Passion
    {Craftisan Studios}
    {Design Team Showcase}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful image - haven't seen this one for some time and had forgotten how pretty it is! Flawless colouring. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I imagine this was ADORED by your granddaughter! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, I do so love this gorgeous image. Beautifully coloured hunny. Just perfect! Fab take on the sketch too with all those lovely stitched edge dies. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Cathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! So beautiful Cathy. I agree that it looks like Elsa the way you've colored it. A perfect card for a lovely princess. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great hair colour choices. I would never have thought to use the 40s but it works fabulously for this really pale blonde. Love your big bow too. A delightful tribute to Frozen. I really must see the movie!!! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great job on that hair, Cathy! I love the color combo you used and how that , combined with the snowflakes, creates a wintery,"frozen" feel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stunning! The snowflake embellishments are so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Sami Stamps!!
    <3 Emily L. - DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just stunning Cathy and your colouring is just amazing!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Cathy! So soft and elegantly colored with your papers!
    Thank you for joining our Add a Touch of Glitter Challenge at Sami Stamps.
    If you are on FB I hope you come on over and join our FB Group … https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/
    Ruza ~ SS-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy