Tuesday, September 5, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #239 - Colour Challenge


A new month at the CAS Colours & Sketches Blog means a new hostess and Fiona has some great challenges planned for September.  This week's color challenge #239 uses one of the new SU In-Colors, Fresh Fig.   I kept everything pretty simple with lots of white in the background.  The stamp set is Doodle Buds from W Plus 9.  I had some Tangerine Tango embossing powder, so it worked for the sentiment and the colors were brought through with SU's retired mini background Splatter stamp using Always Artichoke and Tangerine Tango.  The image panel is mounted on Fresh Fig paper.











I went to my Copics for this card because I wanted to try a new technique of color blending and then adding colored pencils for additional detail and depth.  I'm a newby to this technique, but I love the look.  I used some N2 behind V05 for my darkest shade, and then pulled V05 down from the outer edge of the petals,  YR07 is my darkest orange, with YR65 pulled into the V05.  Then an indigo Prisma Color pencil is used with a light touch where I want shadow on the purple and a burgundy pencil is used on the orange.  These aren't typically colors I would blend together, but I thought they would something fun to try using Fiona's colors this week.

Make sure you stop by the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog to see what the other gals have you for this week!  Hope you play along with us!

6 comments:

  1. I love your choice of stamp and the embossed BG on white compliments it beautifully. Wonderful use of the challenge colours. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I like that embossing and that floral stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colours and I love the embossed background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Cathy. I like the sentiment tag "tied" onto the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were on the same wavelength, using flowers with these colors! :) Yours is very pretty against the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little tied on sentiment it is so cute and adds some great texture and dimension to your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy