Tuesday, September 12, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #240 - Sketch Challenge

The idea for this card came to me as I was trying to fall asleep - trying is the operative word!  My granddaughter just passed out of her high level blue belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, so I wanted to make a card to celebrate her achievement.  Somehow combining Fiona's sketch for this week's CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge  using die cut words popped into my head.  I used Copics to create an ombre effect on paper with blue markers and then popped my dies on top of my hand-colored paper.  The design seemed to need a little more pizzaz, so I added the sequins. She'll appreciate the sparkle!

Hope you will take a peek at the other CC&S DT cards HERE and then join us in the gallery this week!

Challenges Entered:
Cards In Envy - 9/4 - Cheers to You!
Dragonfly Journeys #100 - True Blue
Crafty Friends Challenge #66 - Use Dies or Punches
Happy Little Stampers September - AG with Dies

12 comments:

  1. This is a really nice idea with the words and I love the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue and white combo is so clean looking and I love the ombre sentiments! My DGS just received his blue belt...hmmmm...I may have to CASE this one! Thanks for sharing over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blue card is perfect for your granddaughter who just got her blue belt! I love the sayings! Its perfect for our challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks so much for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your take on the sketch and your ombre of blues - FAB! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card, I love the blues. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very fun card - love the ombre blue for your sentiments
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy,

    Such a fun and perfect card for a celebration! Thanks so much for joining my 100th True Blue Blog Challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of the sketch, Cathy! Love the gradient on the words as well - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used the words for this sketch, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! So fun for celebrations! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh love the colors for this one!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy