Tuesday, October 31, 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches - Challenge #247

The fifth Tuesday of the month means the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog has a double challenge for you!  Emily has a lovely color combination and a very simple sketch!  I knew what I wanted to do from the beginning, but had trouble executing my vision.  I wanted to stamp the PTI sentiment directly on white paper, but I had trouble with the stamp and my Mini-Misty (and then there was the lining it up multiple times!!).  I had more success with strips of paper and then decided to heat emboss with white.  It's definitely a CAS looking card!

Hope you will play along with us this week.  I can't wait to see what you do with Emily's sketch!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant design. The embossing really showcases the River Rock colour. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Cathy! I like how you lined up the strips with the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful CAS card Cathy and it's a terrific sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you've used the strips to showcase the sentiment. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embossed background and the sentiments being stamped on the angled strips looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy