Tuesday, March 20, 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #264 - Colour Challenge

Fiona's colours for this week's CC&S challenge made me long for a hot summer day.  When I was blending the Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red inks, all I could think about was orange and raspberry sherbet!!

I started by creating a background using heat embossing with white EP and blending inks around the tulips and Bermuda Bay dots.  The stamp is Abstract Florals from Right at Home stamps.  I die cut PTI's Large Tulip Tag Die
from the paper and layered it on top of MFT's LJD Rectangle Peek A Boo Window die. (Which I have been using a lot lately!!)  A strip of washi tape is on paper under a hello die cut, some Wink of Stella, and then Rose Red ribbon finishes off the card.

Challenges Entered:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #78/ - AG
Crafty Calendar March/ - Add A Tag
Hiding In My Craft Room #344/ - Tic Tac Toe
(Ribbon, Glitter, Blending)
Inspired By All the Little Things #82/ - Photo
Cards In Envy 3/18/ - No Patterned Paper
Dream Valley #175/ - Spring Colors




14 comments:

  1. Such a great spring card, Cathy and I love how you tied the bow on the tulip - so clever!!! I love that peek-a-boo die too, it's so effective in drawing the eye in!! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and fun! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ink blending and a wonderful tulip design. Such a cheerful card. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Love the tulip (though now you have me wanting sherbet, lol!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love your combination of colors on this tulip card!! And I love the ribbon you added to the petal. SO cute!!!! Thanks for playing along with us in our "no patterned paper" challenge at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card. I love your tulip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet spring card! Thanks for participating in the tic tac toe challenge at HIMCR! Becca~DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card and love how you used the colours. Have to admit that it was only once I read how you made the card that I saw it was a tulip. Up until then I thought it was a chicken!! Think I need to go get my eyes tested. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a bright and cheery use of the challenge colors! I like the subtle rectangle framing the blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so bright and cheerful, Cathy. Lovely tulip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've arranged the florals and the bright colors, Cathy! It's so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the way you embossed and blended the inks on the tulip - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so bright and happy--I love it!!!! very glad you played along with us at CIE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Cute! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy