Monday, March 18, 2013

Playing with Patterns

One of Favorite My Peeps - MFT
Back again with one more of the MFT kids I colored a couple of weeks ago.  I am using this one in a card for a new class called Pattern Play over at the Online Card Class website.  This class is all about using patterned papers.

Today's tip was using a combination of a bold pattern with a smaller pattern and a solid.  One of the other tips I found helpful was how striped papers are great for choosing a color palette.   I was excited to look through my stash of paper to find patterns I've had for a while, but thought they were too busy - and then look for a striped paper!  Easy lessons, but it still took a while to put the card together.  I think I'll get lots of practice this week!

I used the sketch from another challenge blog I found called Unscripted Sketches. This is my first time playing with them.  This week's sketch is  Unscripted Sketches #202.  I thought the stripes looked like the rectangles on the right side of the sketch.





8 comments:

  1. Your card turned out beautifully! I love how you coloured the little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Your little Easter girl is adorable! Your coloring and paper piecing are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card! Love the colour palette you got from your stripes! Thanks so much for leaving some love on my blog - I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, and a great way to apply the lessons from the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the teacher would give you a huge A+ for this assignment because you rocked the paper selection part of it! The colors and patterns look like they came for an entire collection. The wee bits of bling here and there are the perfect additions! The of course, there is your AMAZING colored image! Beautiful colors and perfectly shaded! Thanks for choosing our Unscripted Sketch to showcase your fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love Pure innocent images and the paper pieced dress is awesome. The tuff of grass around her feet is wonderful. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy