Monday, March 4, 2013

Copics and Paper Piecing

Snowboard Boy - MFT
Back again with another card.  This one is for the MFT Sketch Challenge.  I decided to paper piece the snow attire, but wanted to show dimension, so used my Copics to shade over the top of the patterned paper.  The boots and mittens are colored with Copics.  I used C3, C5 & C9 for the boots and E44, E47, & E49 for the mittens.  The snowboard is G40, 43 & 46.  Skin is E000, E00, E11, & R20 for the cheeks.

In putting the card together, I used the Cute Card Thursday challenge of "something old".  I interpreted the challenge as using old things from my supplies.  I rooted around in my scrap drawers and came up with some paper I have had in there for close to five years!!  Seriously - the brown paper was a scrap of about 4" x 8" and I loved it at the time.  The polka dot was about twice the size of the one I have used in my card.  Both have been passed over with the thought, "I can't use that one - what if I need it?!?"  The metal embellishments have been sitting around for years too.  It kind feels good to use some of this stuff I have been collecting!  I also think this card will work for the Papertake Weekly Anything Goes challenge this week.

One more thing to point out - the number 4 is actually cut from an embossing folder I have.  I don't have any letter dies, so I improvised.   This is a great birthday card for a little boy who took up skiing this winter, a.k.a. - my grandson, Ellis.


5 comments:

  1. This is cute! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card layout and paper combination .Beautiful image and embellishing . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the design, saw you over on mim. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Saw it on MIM.
    I'm impressed at your not quite 4 Grandson has taken up skiing!
    SandraT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy