Friday, August 16, 2013

Sister Act Challenge #20

I needed a card for my niece's wedding shower and wanted to make it look elegant.  Unfortunately, I waited until the last minute to make it, so I didn't have time for something elaborate.  That is where my sizeable stash of patterned papers came in handy!! I recently bought this delicious Authentique paper.  Unfortunately, between this card and another one I made, I have used more than half of it.  I most definitely need to buy another piece!   The combination of colors is simply gorgeous.  I paired the paper with a stamp that hasn't been inked in a few years from American Art Stamp.  It's called "Bouquet" by artist Karen Stolper.  Karen's stamps are quick to color and easy to use in creating a gorgeous focal point.  A few Copic Ws, YRs, and Es are all that were needed!

Hope you will enter a card in the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.   Our sponsor is Wings and Willows.


Challenges Entered:
Make It Monday - anything goes
Use It Tuesday - uninked stamp
ColorQ #202 - red (mine is more of an orange-red), yellow, gray, white
Totally Papercrafts - favorite colors
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Marker POP! Challenge #28 - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Occasion - ally
Paper Playtime - lots of yellow
Crafting by Designs - anything goes
DL Art Thankful Thursday - August challenge

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card and image, love your coloring! So glad you joined us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at your cutting skills. That leg is so stick thin!! Spotted your card on MIM this week. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet....I love that you used just little touches of the warm colors and focused on the more subtle gray! Adorable! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cathy!! As always, your card is wonderful! I've never seen that image. She's adorable! You've got that fussy cutting thing down to a science!!! I would have definitely amputated one of her legs!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs to you!

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I really like how the image colors and background compliment each other. Such a sweet card!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the wonderful comment. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute image and a wonderful presentation of it! Great Paper choices and wonderful restraint with the embellishing of this project. The image is the star, as it should be! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour choices and fun image. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Make It Monday this week,
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh....CONGRATULATIONS on your Honorable Mention over at 613!!! I just saw it! Yippee!!!
    Hugs~
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card, the Authentique papers are perfect with that stamp. Thanks for sharing at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy