Friday, August 30, 2013

Sister Act Challenge #22


Friday means a new Sister Act Challenge.  It's a week that we have two sponsors - Digi Darla and Ink and Whimsy 2.  

My card started with an old wooden Penny Black stamp that I bought it at my friend's annual stamp sale.  This year there were 8 -10 long tables piled with stamps that other people were getting rid of.  What a goldmine! You wouldn't believe how many stamps I "had to have" - especially when they were just a couple of dollars! Who can pass up a good deal when it comes to stamping?!?! I sold stamps too, so it all worked out.

After coloring so many digi images the past few months, it was refreshing to get back to inking up some red rubber!  The pattern in the pot and the daisies made this card fun and fast to color.

It's been a long, hot week in MN, so I'm looking forward to the three-day holiday weekend and the cool temps of my basement craft room.

Hope you find time to play and then link up one of your creations with us at Sister Act this week!

Challenges entered:
Make it Monday - anything goes
Tuesday Throwndown - school colors (blue and gold)
Little Red Wagon - Polka dots
Crafting by Design - anything goes







9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and cheerful. Love the colouring.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring Cathy!

    xoxo
    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Cathy- and you know I am a sucker for flower stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! That bit of twine adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stamp and coloring. They have a "garage sale" at the local SB-ing store and I've heard they have the same type of thing you experienced with tables full of stamps. I don't even go because I know I's come out with bags full. Anyway, Just stopped in after seeing your card on MIM. Have a great crafting weekend. I can't wait to see what you make as I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image and love how you made the background! Classy, elegant and beautiful! Spotted your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cheerful and very pretty birthday card! You're my POTW this week. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday and sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, was that my stamp? Very pretty card- nice coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, yes it was!! Good eye. I have another one of your stamps coming up on Friday! So glad you put them in the sale!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy