Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #296

Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring Jen's sketch this week for Sketch Saturday.  I decided to go big on this one, so my card is larger than 4.25 x 5.5.  I used a  Dilly Beans  image called  #432 Elly Framed.  The eyes and hair were so much fun to color.  I used the sketch to create a shaker card for Valentine's Day; this one for my oldest grandaughter.  The girls were at my house when I was coloring and patiently stood and let me see where light was reflected on their faces. Being able to study them helped me in the coloring, especially around the eyes and nose.  Hope you'll join us this week at Sketch Saturday.  Pop by the blog and see what Guest DT member Marilyn and the rest of the gals have done with this week's sketch!

Challenges Entered:
One Crazy Stamper - anything goes
Just B Creative Crazy - anything goes
4 Krafty Girlz - Challenge 11 anything goes
Inky Impressions Challenge - a card for someone special
ABC Challenge - DT call
The Pink Elephant - Inspiration challenge
Shopping Our Stash - Love Me Tender
Little Red Wagon - Love



7 comments:

  1. Great Valentine Cathy, beautifully colored. So helpful of your granddaughters to model so you could get the shadows right. :) Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Gorgeous image. Thanks for entering our DT Call at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaker card, Cathy! Fantastic coloring of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible, Cathy! Your coloring is amazing! Kudos to your granddaughters for holding still enough and allow you to use them as your models! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dramatic card!! Amazing! Thanks for playing with us at the Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous image Cathy and I love how you turned the main image panel into a shaker card! Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy