Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #298

I had so much fun with Alex's fabulous sketch this week.  The Etsy shop, Oak Pond Creations is sponsoring Challenge #298 at Sketch Saturday.  I  jumped at the chance to use their Digital Stamp Violin image because my 13 year old grandson is passionate about playing the violin.  I knew this would make a perfect Valentine card for him!  I kept him in mind as I created, looking for little connections he might discover in the card.  I wonder if he'll notice the word Italy (where he was born) next to the heart on the tag?  Speaking of tags - I can't even remember the last time I used a metal rimmed tag.  Probably the time they were a popular embellishment years ago.  Luckily, I resisted buying the tool to make my own metal rimmed tags!!  This one is left from a package I bought that's already mounted on a pop dot.

Challenges Entered:
Crafty Bloggers Network - boy themed
Shopping Our Stash - make your own embellishment
Alphabet Challenge - A for Always & Forever
Crazy for Challenges #224 - Inspired by Music
Marker POP! #37 - Anything Goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle Feb. Challenge - Anything goes
Card Making Mamas #81 - Stack it up (3 or more layers)
One Crazy Stamper  (Feb. Challenge)- Anything goes
Just B Creative Crazy - Just Because
4 Crafty Girls Challenge #12- anything goes

14 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic... the papers and coulours are really great!
    Hugs,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a divine card Cathy! I love the colors and blending of the DP. Great thinking to "plant" words and items special to your grandson. That makes the this card a true treasure and something to be cherished. I had fun playing along with the Sketch Saturday team. Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... this is gorgeous Cathy and all the elements are so perfect. So much detail and I love the heart on the end of the bow and I'm sure your grandson is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Cathy, beautiful coloring and awesome papers. Love that you included hidden connections that your grandson could find, how clever! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I love the violin! And hiding little connections in the card is such a fun idea. I think I know someone who will be enjoying this card…..

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous canard. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, Cathy! I love the papers and details and the violin! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully designed card with a great image!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the images and great colours used a fabulous card, thank you for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers "One For The Boys" challenge.

    Sylv xx
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Cathy! I love that image and all of your fabulous textures! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful violin image! I'm sure your grandson will love the card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image, papers and layout. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls this time - good luck! hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really great card - love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy