Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #308

I've been on a shaker card kick lately and decided to incorporate one into this week's sketch. Inspiration came from Pretty Pink Posh's sequin shaker blog hop, today's sketch, and Splitcoast's Featured Stamper Challenge.  I had the idea to use the jar as my shaker, and had fun working on making it.  I used my PTI die and Friendship Jar stamp set and paired it with an old Stampendous stamp (I'm not sure that it's ever seen ink before!).  I did a little easy masking around the flowers and colored both the flowers and the inside of the jar with my Copics.  A few pearls, some rhinestones and Stickles finished things off.  I have used a lot of pink in my cards lately, so I decided to go in a different direction, hence the kraft and yellow combination.









Clearly Whimsy from Whimsy Stamps is this week's Sketch Saturday sponsor. Stop by the blog and prepare to be inspired by the DT and our guests from Whimsy Stamps!

Pssst - Keep your eyes out at the end of the month . . .  we're having blog hop with hidden surprises.  This time it's celebrating Sketch Saturday's 6th Anniversary.

Challenges Entered:
Through the Craftroom Door - AG (5/5)
Created with Love #80 - In the Garden (5/3)
Fan-Tastic Tuesday #33 - Floral
Stamps At Play
Inky Chicks #28 - From the Heart (5/6)
Creative Inspirations #263 - Spring Flowers (5/7)
Inky Impressions #157 - AG
Crafty Girls Challenge #17 - AG
Seize the Birthday - AG

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty shaker card! Love those gorgeous flowers too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - I was wondering if you were going to post this one that you told me about. I love it. The kraft and yellow is such a pretty and soft combination. And I love how you created the inset look with the jar (I think you popped up the main panel, right?). Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Pretty Design just perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Thank you for joining us,it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week.... Good luck in the draw...
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch and such a lovely idea for a shaker card! Thank you for joining Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative, wonderful thought out card, love it, thanks for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and oh so clever! Love the shaker buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the 3D effect.
    Thank you for joining us at STB this week.
    Hugs, Marzena, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Cathy! Shaker cards are so hot right now. Love it! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow I love this card, where can I get the jar from? I'd like to have a go at a shaker card. this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cathy! I wanted to link back and say thanks for dropping by my blog. :) Both your shaker cards for Paulina's hop are wonderful! So perfect for the upcoming summer. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great shaker card Cathy. Love the bright splashes of the sequins against the softer kraft and yellow combo.

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy