Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #311

It's time for a new sketch from Sketch Saturday.  It's one of my designs, so I hope you have fun with this one.
Bugaboo Stamps is our sponsor and graciously provided the DT with images to use for the challenge.  My choice was  Snowglobe Butterfly.
I wanted to challenge myself to create the water-look of a snowglobe.  I added glitter at the bottom and Stickles around the butterflies to replicate the glitter in the bottom of a snowglobe.  Do you know regular white Elmers glue is a perfect adhesive for glitter to paper?!?  I have tried a variety of specialty "papercrafting" glues and not always been happy.  I'm not too proud to say I can be a little slow sometimes!!
The embellishment on the bow is a big, flat sequin with a rhinestone on top.  I love that it's flatter than a button.

Stop by the Sketch Saturday blog and take a peek at the rest of the DT's work and then join us in creating something with your own take on the sketch.

Pile it On - Shabby Chic
Crafting By Designs - Friendship makes the World go Round
Tuesday Throwdown #196 - Teacher Appreciation
Divas By Design - AG
Creative Moments - AG
Crafty Girls Challenge #18 - AG
Stampin' For the Weekend - For the Girls
Aurora Wings - Butterflies


16 comments:

  1. Love this sketch, and oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card!!! It's fun to see a snow globe used like you have used it - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is lovely! The glitter at the bottom is so perfect. Love the colors, and great sketch, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Cathy and you did a marvellous job colouring. Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the glitter in the snow globe! Thanks for joining us at Pile it On!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning Cathy! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really lovely! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Linda K. DT
    Team B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the globe! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours Cathy... love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning take on the sketch Cathy. Loving the snow glob effect.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adoable card, love the glitter in the globe!! Thank you for join us at Creative Moments this time, hope to see you again!! Hugs Kate Co Leader

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beutiful, Cathy! Love the idea of butterlies in a snow globe. gorgeous colors, too. Thanks so much for joining our Butterflies Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and love the image used...design is stunning.x
    I also have a new candy posted on the top of my page...Memories to Keep

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the butterflies in the snow globe - GORGEOUS!
    Thanx so much for joining Aurora Wings for our butterflies challenge.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. An adorable card. Wonderful image and fantastic design Love the snow globe and the pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This snow globe looks so very real :) great coloring and shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy