Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #310 and Paper Trail Canada News!

Today is a double-dip post.  The first part of the post is dedicated to Sketch Saturday.  Alex is the creator of sketch #310 and it was a fun one to work with! Bunny Zoe's Crafts is sponsoring this week's challenge.


















The second part of my post is to announce I am thrilled to be a guest DT member for a company called the Paper Trail Canada.  Chelsea, the owner, is wonderful to work with and dedicated to carrying good products, great prices and customer service.  I used the Gorjuss Girls "Collector" stamp, available in the "Pre Order Shop"section of the Paper Trail.  I love this stamp.  The hair has lines showing where the shading and highlights go.  I didn't have to experiment with a whole page of trial and error images as I typically do!   I'd buy another image in a heartbeat, too.  These girls are cuties!  I used a PTI set to create little flowers on her shirt and added some shading to the punched-flower embellishments.

As part of the talented Paper Trail crew, I am super-excited to be working again with Marilyn Scheller of One Stamping Fool - a talented, fabulous card-maker I had fun getting to know when she was my guest DT member for Sketch Saturday earlier this year.  Take a look at this new company (especially if you live in Canada), their Paper Trail Blog, and follow The Paper Trail on Facebook.

Challenges Entered:
Through the Craftroom Door - AG
Crafty Bloggers Network - May AG
Clear It Out-  Mother's Day/Female; Stash - flowers
Color Q #241 - gold, turquoise, pool party, chocolate chip
Creative Inspirations #265 - AG
Creative Moments #42 - Bingo (flower, sentiment, more than two layers)
Crafty Girls Challenge #18 - AG
Creative Fingers #36 - AG


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Cathy - that is a striking image. And great job with the coloring. I'm glad this one didn't take as many "practices" till you came up with this beauty. And Congrats on the being chosen as a guest DT member!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable image and I love your colour combo. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations challenge blog this week.
    hugs Suzanne :DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Cathy and I love, love, love how you did this sketch. Gorgeous colouring on that dark hair and I think it looks terrific. Black is one of the hardest hair colours to pull off but you did it and with style and zing! I just love the impact those two little yellow flowers give this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and colours you have chosen for this Gorjuss card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments this time - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers this week too - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colouring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie and a fabulous job on the dark hair too! Thanks s much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Perfect layout for your image. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Cathy. Love the coloring - awesome. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy