Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #309

Happy Mother's Day (a day early) to all of the mothers visiting my blog.  I hope you are surrounded by love and joy.  Motherhood is one of the hardest things we undertake.  The only thing better than being a mother is being a grandmother!

 I decided on a whole different take on Deb's sketch this week and used kites (nothing remotely related to Mother's Day)!  There was just something about the sketch that made me think of kites, so I went with it. The kites are from an old Stampin' Up! set.  I used my Copics to color the twine on two of the kite strings and created the cloud background by cutting a couple of cloud shapes and using Distress Ink and a sponge dauber.   For those of you who stopped by my blog last week and read about the number of "hello" dies I acquired, this is #2 - from W Plus 9.

Simon Says Stamp! is sponsoring Sketch Saturday this week.  That means the winner receives $25 to use in their shop.  Take a look at the sketch ideas from the rest of the DT here.







Challenges Entered:
Through the Craftroom Door - AG
Party Time Tuesdays #171 - Polka Dots
Little Red Wagon #236 - Seeing Spots
ABC Challenge - K is for Keep It Simple
Desert Island Crafts - stencil, song (Let's go Fly a Kite), text #9,5,4



6 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch Cathy! The kites are just perfect. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your gorgeous design! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun spring card! That cloud background is perfect - subtle and yet grounds everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those kites! How fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the kites! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute little kites will put a smile on someone's face. This is adorable! Thank you for joining us at ABC challenge. Good luck and be sure and join our next challenge. I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy