Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I'm So Happy!

Hi Friends,
This special Tuesday post is to share some more exciting news - I have a 6 month DT position with Crafty Sentiments Designs and their weekly challenge blog.  I saw their DT call in the Splitcoast Stampers Forum a few weeks ago and applied.  I am so happy to have the opportunity to color up their fun images and work with the ladies of Team B.  Surprisingly, there is another Cathy, spelled with a C on Team A, so lucky me, I get a star after my name on the challenge blog - Cathy*!  You'll see a post from me every other Tuesday.

Onto this week's challenge . . . the theme is "Inspired by a Song".  I saw this Lollipop Dream image called, Petal Fairy and knew right away the song would be Pharrell WIlliam's hit, "Happy"!  It's become my new favorite song.  I always feel happy when I hear it!  I've been trying to use colors other than pink in my cards lately, so when I settled on yellow flower petals, I didn't consider the idea they might look like potato chips! It works either way though!


You have to stop by the store to see all of the cute things Crafty Sentiments Designs offers, as well as their month new releases.  I can't wait to get my hands on some of these guys from June's release of "One For the Boyz" collection!

There's also a new stamp release on May 22nd!  Love that little boy with the flower pot!













Copics Used:
Hair - E51, 44, hint of 11, Y21, 26
Skin - E00, 21, 11, R20
Skirt- YG 00, 01, 03
Tank top and basket - R02, YR65, 68
Shoes, polka dots, waist band - BG 11, 32
Flower Petals (or potato chips!) - Y11, 21, 23
Socks & shading - W0, 1, 3
Wings - BG000, 11

Challenges Entered:
4 Crafty Girls Challenge - AG
Southern Girls Challenge - Dots and Spots
Creative Fingers Challenge - AG/ Girly
Digi Haven - Spring
Card Makin' Mamas - Over the Rainbow
Hiding in My Craftroom - Embossing (dry)
ABC Challenge - L is for Lots of Layers
613 Avenue Create - AG - shapes/oval, circle, rectangle




9 comments:

  1. Very cute card, love your image. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new DT position! You will be fabulous! Love this little girl and her "happy" potato chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, I too thought it was pringles and got the munchies. It was only after reading your post that I realized that she is the petal fairy :-) She looks so happy, it has to be chips :-) Very fun and cheerfful card. Love it!
    Thanks for playing along this week with us at HIMCR. Good luck.
    Lena
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is such a sweet card. Love that happy character! Thanks for entering our Spots & Dots Challenge at Southern Girls and good luck. Hugs, Wends x - SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I like the image and design , Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Haven challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful Cathy, I love the cute image and the pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supercute card and image! Must admit I thought at first - why is the girl throwing away perfectly good potatoechips... *lol* then I saw it must be flower petals ;) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great layered card! I love the image and design! Thank you for sharing at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is adorable and so fun! Makes me wanna break out in that song! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Girls this challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

    --Lisa - Crafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy